Dusty from the Walk

I shall spend two years in Israel at Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I hope to travel and spend time at sites, but more importantly, I want to grow closer to Jesus as a talmid (disciple) of His. What better thing than to walk right behind Him soaking up His every word and action?

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Return from the Galil (Galilee)

Well, I'm back at Yad HaShmona and will be until Aug 1st. I have just spent 4 days in the Galil visiting places like a winery (yeah, they let us try quite a few winds), Mt. Arbel, Hatzor, Beer Sheva (the Northern one), Susita (or Hippos), Jezreel, Megiddo, Qumran, Quatsrin, Mediterranean coast (near Israel/Lebanon border), Tel Dan or Laish, and many other places. We stayed at a place in Migdal (Mary Magdalene come to mind?) and swam in the Sea of Galilee and Dead Sea. Needless to say, it was a GREAT trip and if you want details, say so, and if I don't give them to you personally, I'll post them on this blog;-)

You all should also know that I've come to the conclusion that I as a Christian should learn Hebrew. We miss waaaaaay too much in English!

Shalom,

Geoff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home