Dusty from the Walk

I shall spend two years in Israel at Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I hope to travel and spend time at sites, but more importantly, I want to grow closer to Jesus as a talmid (disciple) of His. What better thing than to walk right behind Him soaking up His every word and action?

Monday, August 15, 2005

Back to School

So I made it back from Galilee safe and sound; well, I never had much to worry about. The trip rocked! We went to Ceasarea first (the one on the coast), then we made our way up to Mount Arbel to watch the sunset. After the sunset we enjoyed some food in Tiberias (a very difficult thing to accomplish on a Shabbat - especially one before a holiday). We then went swimming in a random place along the shore of the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee). Other than the fact that there were reeds all over the place (hey, we swam for free), it wasn't too bad. We decided to stay there for the night - a good idea to behold - however, we had some party dudes randomly show up at 1:30Am and drink to a bad point and play their music really loud. Needless to say, we weren't too rested up for the following day.

Saturday came, however, (yes, very early to watch the sunrise over Galilee), and we ate breakfast at a convenient store and headed to Tobgha where it is said that Jesus multiplied the 5 loaves and two fish. An old tradition, but as most are, probably not very reliable. We also hit Capernaum, and Korazim, and we swam in the Jordan (where we did Mikvah as a tour group!). We decided to enjoy a sundowner at Susita where so much has been uncovered since I was there in May. Afterwards we went swimming again in a random spot in the Kinneret and headed up Mt. Arbel to sleep.

Sunday, we made a quick pass by Qumran - not bad. I went through the aquaduct again, and we climbed for a while.

Good trip. I'm extremely tired. I had a test gadol (big) today in class. And I am very hungry! But don't worry, if you want more info, post a comment and I'll tell you!

Shalom,

Geoff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home