Dusty from the Walk

I shall spend two years in Israel at Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I hope to travel and spend time at sites, but more importantly, I want to grow closer to Jesus as a talmid (disciple) of His. What better thing than to walk right behind Him soaking up His every word and action?

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hezekiah's Tunnel...in the Dark!

Shalom,

Well, Friday was a busy day. I met a guy named John-Michael (3rd of 8 Kids!) at 8:30am and went walked through the Old City to David's City. I saw there the Israeli tour guide that goes on RVL's trips; he was guiding a family through the dessert and Jerusalem before they met up with the rest of the group in Galilee Sunday (today). Anyway, what made this trek fun was that we walked Hezekiah's Tunnel in the dark. Yes, it was spooky at times, but very cool (both literally and figuratively).

Friday evening I walked to the Great Synagogue (in case you're wondering, I covered quite a few miles in my walkings Friday;-) It was ok. The Singer did a FANTASTIC job reading the prayer book. He had one of the best voices I have ever heard - and let me assure you that I have heard quite a few! I think he flirted with high "A's" and perhaps even high "C's" several times. His voice was angelic - tov meod (very good)!

It was a great weekend!

Shalom,

Geoff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home