Dusty from the Walk

I shall spend two years in Israel at Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I hope to travel and spend time at sites, but more importantly, I want to grow closer to Jesus as a talmid (disciple) of His. What better thing than to walk right behind Him soaking up His every word and action?

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Mid-term and Hebrew Placement

Hey everyone,

Wow, you really don't realize how much has happened in a week until you stop to reflect. New Orleans, oh boy. I'm really sorry to hear about that one....

Last Tuesday I took the Biblical Hebrew Placement Exam. It was really straightforward; translate the passage and then locate or parse all the verbs (which means tell all you know about them - person, gender, number, what kind it is...all that). The passages weren't too hard, but I had read through none of them in Hebrew: Sodom and Gomorrah (first 5-6 verses), David when he hears about Saul and Jonathan's death (5-6 verses), psalm of David when he weeps for Absalom (7 verses and harder), and then the last one I think was something in Deuteronomy (5-6 verses). They got progressively harder, and I hope the graders have mercy on the test-taker;-)

I also finished my Hebrew mid-term a few hours ago. Dude! I need to study more than an hour next time;-)

As for the weekend, I plan on going to the Cotel (Western Wall) and also attending a Messianic service with Joe Schulam's congregation. (I know, it's not his, but G-d's:-)

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while.

Shalom,

Geoff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home