Dusty from the Walk

I shall spend two years in Israel at Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I hope to travel and spend time at sites, but more importantly, I want to grow closer to Jesus as a talmid (disciple) of His. What better thing than to walk right behind Him soaking up His every word and action?

Sunday, August 21, 2005

As for my weekend...

As for my weekend, I went through Hezekiah's tunnel. I tried to go in the dark, but there was a large group ahead of me and a large one behind me - needless to say, they all wanted lights;-)

That was Thursday afternoon. Friday morning/early afternoon, I explored the Southern Steps/Hulda Gates where Jesus would have walked up onto the Temple Mount. Quite exciting to hang around there, and of course, very impressive! We also visited the Church of All Nations where tradition says (a late tradition - 380 AD) that Jesus prayed on the rock which makes up the alter. We also went down into the tomb of Mary, and I don't know how that works because tradition says that she was assumed.... Who knows? OH, and we saw zillions (ok, that's a small hyperbole) of Muslims go onto the Temple Mount; Friday is their holy day.

That's enough for now; time to work on Hebrew;-)

Shalom,

Geoff

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... sure beats the on-campus recreation options at ACU! Time to explore the Old City minutely and without hurry. What a life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home